VAT in Norway
We offer a wide range of VAT- services
- Registration with the Norwegian VAT register
- Fiscal / VAT representation in Norway
- Running VAT accounting in Norway
- Filing Norwegian VAT returns
- Submission of other reports (e.g., special taxes, flight passenger tax)
- Assistance with VAT or customs inspection in Norway
- Evaluation of specific VAT problems, analysis of individual cases
- Advice on customs in Norway
- We can help you to find a customs partner / freight forwarder in Norway
- Assistance with the simplified form of registration via the VOEC platform
- Preparation of Norwegian sales invoices
Billing and invoicing in Norway
The correct design of the Norwegian sales document (outgoing invoice) is very important. Article 5 of the accounting regulation states that a sale invoice must contain certain information:
- Invoice number: The rules in Norway to use an unbroken number series for sales invoices are strict. If your system does not use an unbroken series, the tax office can force you to implement one, and if you do not, it can calculate per diem fines.
- Recipient and its address: favourably, but not necessarily, you can add the organization number of the recipient.
- Invoice issuer: name, address, and organization number. If a fiscal representative has been appointed, also its name and address.
- Type and period of the service or delivery of goods
- Amount: If you don’t invoice in NOK, but in EUR or USD, for example, the VAT amount must be stated in NOK. The exchange rate used should also be shown on the invoice.
In practice, almost all Norwegian companies use invoicing tools to meet the requirements mentioned above. We use the software of 24SevenOffice, a 100% web-based ERP program.